Recent Bird Activity
As sightings change with the seasons, please visit the Little St. Simons Island Naturalist Notebook to learn which birds are currently being observed around the Island.
For questions about the best season to see specific species, please call the Naturalist Office at (912) 638-7472.
- Located on the Atlantic Migratory Flyway
- More than 280 species recorded here
- Value nesting, foraging and stop-over grounds
- A critical staging for shorebirds
- Recognized as an Important Birding Area (IBA)
by the American Bird Conservancy
- Recognized as a Reserve Site
by the Western Hemisphere Shorebird
Reserve Network (WHSRN)