Recent Bird Activity
To see bird sightings on Little St. Simons Island recorded by our Naturalists as well as guests and local birders please visit eBird’s Hotspot Map. You can also visit our blog The Naturalist Notebook where our Naturalists post notable sightings.
For questions about the best season to see specific species, please email lodge@littlessi and one of our Naturalists will be happy to reply.
- Located on the Atlantic Migratory Flyway
- More than 280 species recorded here
- Value nesting, foraging and stop-over grounds
- A critical staging for shorebirds
- Recognized as an Important Birding Area (IBA)
by the American Bird Conservancy
- Recognized as a Reserve Site
by the Western Hemisphere Shorebird
Reserve Network (WHSRN)